Building with shop and apartments, Wagenstraat.
Built around 1900.
Originally it was crowned with a graceful gable, which has been replaced by the present less than inspiring top floor.
Although not quite clear, there may have been a tin foundry in the building until 1904.
From 1904 onwards there was a bacon butchery.
Around WOII it contained a bar, with, by the end of the war, a dubious clientele.
After the War it housed amongst others Chinese restaurants.
Later on there was Jazz Center, the place for jazz records, which later shifted to another address in Wagenstraat.
© Villa Next Door 2020
All pictures were taken in March 2017.
Façades of The Hague from #72 onwards: https://villanextdoor2.wordpress.com/category/facades-of-the-hague/
Façades of The Hague #1 – 71: https://villanextdoor.wordpress.com/category/facades-of-the-hague/
VILLA NEXT DOOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ADVERTISING ON THIS PAGE!